The Boy Scout Troop Committee is the troop’s board of directors and supports the troop program. This is an important responsibility and is one area where help is always needed and appreciated. The committee consists of parent volunteers who fulfill various roles on the committee.
The troop committee is responsible for the following:
· Ensures that quality adult leadership is recruited and trained.
· Provides adequate meeting facilities
· Advises Scoutmaster on policies relating to BSA & the chartered organization
· Carries out policies and regulations of BSA
· Supports leaders in carrying out the program
· Is responsible for finances in line with the approved budget plan
· Obtains, maintains, and properly cares for troop property
· Provides adequate camping and outdoor program
· Serves on boards of review and courts of honor.
· Supports SM in working with boys and problems that may affect the troop.
· Provides for the special needs and assistance some boys may require.
· Helps with the Friends of Scouting campaign.
· Assists the Scoutmaster with handling boy behavior problems.
Chair: Art Bernal
Secretary: Dana Towles
Treasurer (Finance/Records): Dawn Dirks
Advancement Coordinator: Eric Milliken
Outdoor/Activities Coordinator: Dave Szymkowski
Equipment Coordinator: Zach Brown
Adult Training Coordinator: Open
Medical Records: Lesley Popplewell
Membership Coordinator: Sue Yost
New Scout Parent Unit Coordinator: Michael DeFrancisco & Stephen Schwandt
Chaplain: Kim Herney
Charter Organization Representative: Mark Harvis, Knights of Columbus